Library Service Hours
Monday through Saturday ---------------------- 08:30 am to
Members is provided to:
• Faculty (including visiting)
• Administrative Staff/University employees
• Paid Member
• Members of Board of Governors
University ID card will be used as library membership card and is needed for borrowing
material and entry. Members are fully responsible for all material on loan. Change
of contact information (address and telephone number) must be reported to the librarian
immediately. Membership is non-transferable.
Loan Privilege for Books
Following categories of members shall observe the loan schedule mentioned against
Teaching faculty members --------------------------
8 books for 30 days
-------------------------- 4 books for 14 days
Loan privilege for Serials & Newspapers
Teaching faculty members ---------------------------
3 for 7 days
-------------------------- 2 for 3 days
Terms of Loan
Information material of the following nature shall not be issued but consulted in
• Works marked REFERENCE/RESERVED such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, atlases,
• Current issues of periodicals and newspapers
• Unprocessed/under process material
• Theses, student's project/ research reports, pamphlets
• Non-printed material other than received as allied material
• Works other than mentioned above may be issued on recommendation of Dean/Chair
Department in temporarily loan category (i.e. for 2/3 hours)
• Loan may be got renewed for further thirty/fourteen days provided no other
user has reserved it.
• Overdue material will not be reissued.
• If borrowed material is urgently required in the library, it may be called
• Librarian may withhold/ restrict circulation of any material.
• Books currently cannot be reissued on telephone/ by email.
• Books and other information borrowed from AUCL must be returned within the
due date mentioned on due date slip.
• Items not returned within due date will be fined as follow:
Regular loan: Rs10 per day
Temporary loan: Rs 20 per day (infringement will lead to stoppage in future of such
If a fine exceeds Rs 3000 membership may be curtailed until the payment of the fine.
The Vice Chancellor has the discretion to waive off any portion of the fine.
Loss of Books
• If borrowed material is damaged or destroyed, the borrower will be asked
to deposit a replacement or fine which may be up to three times of the actual cost
of the material.
• In case an item or book which is a part of the set lost or damaged, the
borrower will make the payment of the whole set.
• Any borrowed material not returned within 30 days of the due date will be
• Volume of conversation must be kept very low inside the library.
• Personal belongings are to be left at the library entrance.
• Members may be asked to submit any possession for inspection.
• In case any personal reading material has to be taken inside the library,
permission must be obtained from library staff.
• All reading material issued to members shall be shown to the attendant at
• Use of mobile phones and music system in not permitted.
• Damaging material in any way is strictly prohibited, and will be fined.
• Eating, sleeping and smoking is prohibited.
• Members shall make their own arrangements for carrying books, etc., to and
from the library.
• The librarian is authorized to withdraw library facilities from any member
who is found misusing the library resources or facilities.
• The library shall not receive any telephone call or mail message on behalf
of any member.
• Students shall not be allowed to use library telephone.
• Members are responsible for timely return of borrowed material to the library.
• Library material already checked out by some other member can be reserved.
On receiving the material library will inform the requester for collecting it. If
not collected within two days, reservation will be cancelled.
• Reference material may be photocopied, where copyright rules permit, on